Company Name: Morgan Stanley
Designation: Data Analyst
Experience: 5 – 10 years
Qualification: UG :B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG :Any Postgraduate
Job Description: The ideal candidate should have the skills listed and should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. In addition the candidate should respond well to change and quickly pick up new concepts in an ever moving regulatory landscape. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skill set of those around him/her. The FA Monitoring group is responsible for the prevention and investigation of abusive, manipulative or illegal trading practices and the monitoring overall client suitability. This group identifies patterns behavior across multiple asset classes that may be an indication of sales practice issues or suitability concerns before these can compromise the Firms reputation or clients holdings.
- Maintain current state architecture, while being an active participant in discussions relating to data strategy across different team
- Collaborates with internal/external team members to architect solutions and implement enhancements to the platform
- Responsible for data analysis, data profiling and data sourcing
- Create and communicate an Analytics Strategy that sets the direction and describes the related activities necessary to create meaningful business and customer value Support the global team of business analysts, data SMEs, data providers and developers with data subject expertise, query building and optimization
- Develop a thorough understanding of the data definitions, domain values, data relationships, business rules, sources and data integration
- Translate business requirements into data models and ETL design specifications -Define data quality rules, identify data issues
- Partner with data providers to ensure upstream data requirements are met
- Coordinate and conduct impact analysis because of upstream data changes and/or issues
- Write detailed data requirements and use cases
- Ensure that data requirements are met by participating in testing and data reconciliation
- Work with management to prioritize business and information need
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- Follow through with data sources on issues and resolution
- Effectively troubleshoot data quality issues
- Implement and refine data quality controls
- The candidate should be capable of understanding and solving complex problems, have excellent communication skills and have financial services experience, preferably in the areas of investment banking and trading.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Performs thorough root cause and impact analysis; Solid analytical, profiling and troubleshooting skills
- Has strong understanding of data concepts (Modeling/Design, Warehousing, ETL Development)
- Must possess sound knowledge in RDBMS, SQL Queries, Indexes, Keys and Tables considering platforms, such as Apache Hadoop, Oracle, MySQL, HiveQL, and Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge in programming languages, such as R, Python, Matlab and SAS. Advanced Analytics/Data Scientist experience a plus.
- Experience in data integration, conversion and migration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with cross cultural teams located globally
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)-Experience with ETL tools (preferably Informatica) with the ability to develop ETL design specifications and understand from the code what existing ETLs do
- Knowledge of domain specific data and enterprise data
- Knowledge of Autosys, Unix commands and scripting
- Knowledge of Data Quality controls implementation of DQ rules/checks preferably using an Industry standard tool
- Knowledge and experience in Agile development methodology preferred.
- Extensive experience documenting processes, workflows and technical specifications.
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive, and adaptable to change.
Salary: Not Disclosed