Company Name: Hyundai Motor India Limited (Car Manufacturing Factory)
Designation: Head of Department – Material Management ( Automobile Manufacturing )
Experience: 13 – 15 years
Qualification: PG :MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization
Job description: Job Title : Head of the Department
- Department : Material Management Department (Department deals with Material Handling & Supply of Car Parts from Overseas Vendors for Core Production)
- Designation : Executive Leadership Level
- Sector : Automobile Manufacturing (Large Scale Automobile Plant – Passenger Car Production)
- Division : Core Production
- Job Group : Supply Chain Management
- Job Family : Material Management
- Location : Hyundai Motor India Limited (Car Manufacturing Factory), SIPCOT Industrial Park, Irrungattukottai, Near Chennai.
- Experience Required : Leadership Level 13 to 15 Years in Leading Material Management Teams (Directly on roll Executive members of 50+ and indirectly contract labors of 300+)
- Education : B.E or B.Tech with MBA in Supply Chain Management or equivalent Post Graduation
- Position Summary:
- To lead and manage the Material Management Department in achieving the business objectives of the organization.
- Actively Coordinate with the production and supporting teams in order to have smooth process flow of Material planning & Handling.
- To Develop strategic plans and to create long term change vision and integrating a cohesive team work to meet the requirements of organization.
- Job Specification:
- Professional Knowledge – Automotive supply chain logistics, Leadership abilities, Analytical & reasoning, strong interpersonal skills.
- Job Exposure – Specific exposure of Supply Chain Management or Material Management in an Automobile OEM. Experience in the field of Import parts planning, ordering, inventory and Warehouse Management.
III. Major Authority & Purpose of the role:
- Achieving the Business Plan target set by Organization and to take forward the entire team members towards the excellence.
- Coordinating with the support functional teams (Planning, Sales) and Reacting for market fluctuations through material planning activities.
- Standardize the process of Overseas Material Handling, Inventory, Accountability, Storage and Supply to Factory shop floor as per Production Plan.
- Leading the Material Management Team in achieving the business objectives and to carry out Innovative Projects in Logistics, Systemization and Cost Saving
- Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities of the Role:
- Creates the environment that facilitates liability and accountability at all levels.
- Continuously evaluates opportunities and threats in the business environment to plan for future.
- Leads and strategically manages physical resources across the organization considering future demands, priorities and issues.
- Works constantly to encourage & support environment of transformation and change.
- Essential Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge in Automobile Business Process, Ability to manoeuvre the material planning process flow according to market demand.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit in all the work execution with moon shot ideas, with innovative mind set and understanding the customer needs.
- Excellent communication, Presentation, Influential skills, Negotiation skills with all supporting teams, act as a pull agent to deliver excellence.
- Commercial acumen towards all the business process decisions with an eye on its potential impact and resulting in profitability enhancement.
- Proven track record of developing and motivating a multi-national, multi-cultural team and nurture performance culture and ownership skills.
- Learning agility skill at par with global developments Learn, adapt and apply in day to day business process in constantly morphing conditions.
- Wide Knowledge on Supply Chain Management and to explore the ways to optimize the Material Logistics and its Cost.
- Constantly encourage the next level leaders to develop the learning agility which Is the key to unlock adaptation proficiency.
- High potential to be a valuable business leader in the years to come.
- Detailed Job Description:
- Proactive planning and execution of all activities related to Overseas Material Handling & Supply, Storage, Feeding and Ensure smooth functioning of all.
- Improvement plan to achieve the Logistics excellence target (Travel Distance & Handling reduction).
- Material planning as per frequent Operation changes & Production plan changes.
- Profit improvement & Cost Saving projects (Direct & Indirect Material) , Cost Reduction achievement.
- Controlling the Overseas Material Inventory with target level and to avoid non moving stocks by strategic planning.
- Monitoring of Production plan Vs Overseas Material availability and to ensure smooth production process.
- Controlling the expenses associated with material planning (Air Freight cost & Ageing inventory).
- Management of Container Storage & return before Validity. Supply of Parts to line as per Requirement.
- System enhancement in all Warehouse and Container Yard operations.
- New technology adoption and bench marking implementation.
- Optimizing the resources – Manpower & Equipment (Direct & Indirect) to ensure Maximum Utilization.
- Up skilling of all down the level members.
- System adherence – All ISO procedures (QMS, OHSMS, EMS) & Process mapping with procedures.
- Optimization of storage space in warehouse in order to ensure maximum utilization of it.
- Communication with the stake holders to ensure smooth Overseas material process flow.
- Planning & executing Job rotations to the team members to enrich their knowledge in various job activity.
- Stabilization of In house ECU (Electric Circuit Unit) coding activity and ensure pass ratio / Zero PPM.
- Co-work and collaboration with all support teams.
- Safety Management in Warehouse and Container Yard (as per standard).
Salary: Not Disclosed
Address: Hyundai Motor India Limited (Car Manufacturing Factory), Plot No. H1, SIPCOT Industrial Park, Irrungattukottai, Sriperumbudur (TK), Near Chennai, Kanchipuram (DT), Tamilnadu, India – 602117
Website Link: https://career.hyundai.co.in/