Company Name:Next Gear Solutions
Designation:IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
Location:Noida (WFH during Covid)
Experience:8 – 10 years
Qualification:B.B.A/ B.M.S in Any Specialization, Diploma in Any Specialization, BCA in Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization, Other Graduate
We are seeking a hands-on Infrastructure Operations Manager to help us build and support the services that thousands of Property Restoration and Insurance P&C professionals rely on every day to restore people’s lives by repairing damaged homes and buildings. You will work closely with members of our Technology teams to deliver resilient and performant infrastructure in support of our revenue generating products and services. You’ll develop tooling, monitoring, and processes to make our products highly available, performant, and reliable. You can expect to build dashboards, configure monitoring and automation, and support incident resolution and effective problem closure. Sometimes you will participate in off-hour incidents and will lead efforts to resolve issues that other engineers-on-call encounter during their on-call rotations.We encourage flexible working hours and support some level of telecommuting. This position is remote/worked from home until after the COVID pandemic.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Works with IT leadership to establish standards and best practices for managing revenue generating SaaS application infrastructure in Azure and AWS, including network, servers, storage, databases, and other cloud services.
- Maintains and constantly improves platform, server and network performance, reliability, and security in line with industry standards. Participate in developing resilient infrastructure and services to reduce failures.
- Monitors business critical processes and systems. Maintains uptime consistent with Business goals and metrics.
- Has direct involvement in incidents or problems that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides ITIL Service disciplines, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Develops and executes the replacement of end-of-life infrastructure.
- Lead execution of DR tests as designed and planned in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Plans & implements infrastructure projects to maintain and continuously improve service levels.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure service delivery methods and procedures. Identifies opportunities to simplify IT Service operations through the initiatives.
- Oversees MSP for L1 support to ensure service quality criteria are met.
- Conducts formal service reviews with key stakeholders and management of internal and the 3-rd party providing the IT operational service.
- Ensures delivery of individual and team projects allocated within aggressive delivery times.
- Operates in EST hours.
Expecting the individual to pick up the following hands-on tasks to support critical deliveries at times.
- Installs, configures, and supports new and existing servers and network infrastructure in on-prem and AWS/Azure cloud.
- Support and administration of VMWare or similar virtualization.
- Support and administration of Cisco Switches, Firewall and Routers.
Candidate Profile and Qualifications
You choose courage over comfort and pick up new technologies and frequently switch technical contexts with grace. You have a deep understanding of how the different layers and components of a web application fit together. Youre passionate about simplifying everything, automating wherever possible, and constantly working to improve the stability of Next Gear users experience. You choose pragmatism over novelty in tooling and language selection. You’ve made big mistakes and leaned in, resolved the problem, and then engaged in and even led after-action reviews / post-mortems to help yourself and everyone else learn and grow.
- Bachelors degree in IT or related discipline.
- At least 8 years IT experience
- At least 2 years of appropriate experience supporting IT infrastructure and service delivery, preferably with a medium-sized organization.
- Good understanding of Server & operating systems, networks, firewalls, and load balancers. SaaS environment experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Server, IIS and Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration)
- In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts.
- Good understanding of VMWare / Hyper-V
- Good understanding of IT security and Data protection
- Experience with Cloud technologies is preferable
- Experience with MS SQL servers is preferable
- Experience with general scripting is preferable
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and automation tools is preferable
- ITIL Service delivery experience
- A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies.
- A strong customer orientated approach with a delivery bias
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resource/effort appropriately
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
- Proactive technical team player
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication
Address:C-244, C Block, Sector 63, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 20, 1301, India, NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh, India