Company Name: Hariom Consultancy
Designation: Medical Writer & Bio statistician
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Qualification: Graduate or above
Job Description: Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft and edit high quality, medically accurate manuscripts, conference abstracts, and posters
- Submit articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Develop materials for Medical Affairs, including slides and information letters
- Perform background research
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure publications are time-appropriate
- Designs, analyzes, implements, and reports findings on targeted statistical research studies; provides consultation to investigators and researchers on experimental design and statistical research approaches, requirements, and scientific standards to advance medical knowledge and improve research in chronic diseases.
- Works with investigators to formalize analysis plans and reporting specifications; advice as to choice of statistical analysis strategies, reliability of measurements and identifiability of models, and interpretation and presentation of statistical results.
- Assists in the preparation of clinical trial documents and reports, protocols, investigator brochures, scientific abstracts, peer-reviewed manuscripts, and responses to requests from regulatory agencies, local Institutional Review Board, and other health authorities.
- Calculate sample size requirements for clinical studies.
- Reviews and analyzes safety reporting, biomarker analyses and other aspects of clinical trial monitoring.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Apply research or simulation results to extend biological theory or recommend new research projects.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena
- Plans and documents computer data file structure; develops, programs, manages, and maintains complex statistical databases; performs or supervises data entry.
- Uses a variety of advanced statistical software, methods, and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research data; advises and assists in the development of inferences and conclusions, as appropriate.
- Develops enhancements to statistical software, as appropriate, by programming new techniques; maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends in statistical analysis methodology.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of statistical and data entry
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s degree; at least 5 years of experience in medical writing related to diabetes & Biostatistics and minimum 20-25 publications.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of scientific approach and methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, concepts, methods, and standards of statistical research.
- Ability to apply a range of advanced statistical techniques in support of scientific research studies and/or experiments.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to consult with scientific investigators, interpret research requirements, and determine statistical analysis strategies.
- Ability to plan, create, program and manage complex statistical computer databases.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions from complex statistical information.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in advanced statistical analysis for scientific application.
- Knowledge of SAS programming and/or other statistical software.
- Knowledge of scientific reporting and manuscript preparation requirements and standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment to design, analyze, and report on research projects.
- Strong analytical communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of probability and medical statistics theory.
- Knowledge of data management principles and regulatory requirements for clinical trials and medical research.
- Strong focus and quality and timely delivery of work.
Application Deadline: 17/8/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From ₹50,000.00 per month
- Medical Writer & Biostatistician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Medical writing (Preferred)
Salary: ₹50,000 a month
Website Link: https://hariomconsultancy.in/current_opening.html