Company Name: Eli Lilly Services India Private Limited
Designation: Medical Writer – Medical Affairs
Experience: 1 – 5 years
Qualification: UG :Any Graduate
PG :M.A in Journalism
Job Description: LCCI CoDe Innovative Content Hub (ICH) Medical Writer Medical Affairs
Scientific data and information are core assets of Lilly. Providing balanced, objective, and accurate information to regulators, the scientific community, health care professionals, payers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle is fundamental to Lilly.
As healthcare providers are deluged with data and are making choices in an increasingly complex and stressed health system, Lilly Medical Affairs is able to provide clear, credible answers that will set Lilly apart from its competitors. Medical Affairs mission is to make Lilly the preferred pharmaceutical partner in the healthcare community globally by leveraging its medical expertise to drive patient-centric answers and solutions. Medical Affairs (MA) brings deep medical expertise to healthcare providers and payers. MA focuses on answering their questions with customized clinical and real-world evidence that can make the difference on if and how they use Lilly products.
Additionally, MA brings clinical insights from customers back to the company to inform new product development and lifecycle planning. MA also supports patients with educational tools to help them manage their illness and with assistance to access our medicines for those facing tough financial situations. The MA content development team will be key in maintaining and creating content to support Medical Affairs activities such as:
- Medical and scientific content to support Innovative Content designs including photos, infographics, medical illustrations, videos, audio transcript, motion graphics, and animations,
- Slide Content including Slide Updates, Internal Training Slides, Manuscript and Data Slides, Global and Affiliate Regional Slides, Advisory board slides, Competitive landscape slides
- Newsletters/ bulletin/ emailer
- HCP patient education material
- Image sourcing, image redraws
- MQAD (Medical Questions Analysis Document)
- Social media content development and maintenance
- Learning and development material
- Health education material
The LCCI CoDe Innovative Content Hub (ICH) Medical Writer ensures quality design, development, and delivery of projects across Medical Affairs and the therapy areas/indications.
The LCCI CoDe ICH Medical Writer is responsible for the design, creation, coordination, and implementation of disease state information and product-specific scientific evidence content for the Medical Affairs organization. The LCCI CoDe ICH Medical Writer Content Developer will anticipate and mitigate problems and roadblocks and interface with Lilly global business partners to integrate new business processes where necessary.
Content Development and Execution –
The LCCI Content Developer leads the development of high quality and scientifically accurate content keeping the audience in mind
- Collect and evaluates data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions to create a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Lead the development of storyboards and videos
- Seek out new, innovative digital content types available to offer business partners
- Create and edit a variety of digital content (i.e., static images – medical illustrations, infographics; videos interactive videos, animations, motion graphics, video post-production; and interactive web-pages) as defined by project owners
- Coordinate with the LCCI Content Developer and the Imaging Production and Licensing Lead roles to select and obtain needed permissions for AV assets
- Establish and maintain templates in various formats (Word, PowerPoint, Articulate Rise, Vyond) to ensure alignment to the business and internal standards
- Work with an Agile mindset to take initiative and drive towards solutions, collaborate early and gather input frequently from others, and place customer needs as the top priority
- Good understanding of deliverables for Medical Affairs communications (slide decks, patient or HCP materials, video scripts, social media posts, eMail to HCP etc)
- Develops high quality educational and disease awareness materials pertaining to varied therapeutic areas while keeping the target audience in mind.
- Influence or negotiate change of timelines and content with other team members
- Ensures all documents are well written, flow in a logical progression, are usable/executable in the channel of distribution
- Ensures proper documentation of needed references and attribution of source material
- Drive quality standards through review of project documents and design of project documents and final deliverables.
- Content is compliant with Lilly procedures
- Ensures all content is compliant with policies and procedures
- Ensures all content design is consistent with Lilly branding standards, guidelines, and templates where appropriate. (ie Proper attention need to be provided to the branding aspect of color schemes, image utilization guidelines/copywrite), permission, image recreation etc
- Conducts usability testing as required
- Maintains relevancy of content design and adult learning principles to guide business partners to the most effective content design methods and deliverables
- Oversees execution of project(s) to ensure the on-time, creation of deliverables that meet quality standards and the needs of the business.
Project and Stakeholder management
- Point of contact for each project at LCCI; manages timelines, coordinates with other team members across time zones (multi-media specialists, editors, learning consultants).
- Conducts effective document initiation meeting to ensure authoring team alignment and understanding a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Lead the writing process.
- Build/communicate credible writing project timelines.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks to delivery
- Work with teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders
- Facilitates the review/approval process required for all documents. Reconciles reviewer feedback and address all issues.
- Identifies and actions potential process improvement opportunities
- Participates on project teams; leads assigned projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Development
- Maintains and enhances therapeutic area knowledge including disease state and compound(s) for assigned project(s).
- Exhibits flexibility in moving across document types, therapeutic areas, and compounds, depending on project assignment.
- Maintains and enhance knowledge of Lilly procedures and external guidelines.
- Possesses overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in clinical planning, submission strategy planning, customer regulatory responses, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
- Maintains and enhances the scientific communications skills to align with the audience needs and with the changes in technology and platforms.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree (or equivalent work experience) in a scientific, health, communications, technology health related field.
- Demonstrated experience writing content for video scripts and newer channels like social posts and email directed to Health Care Professionals
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific, or technical writing fields.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills; fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Successful completion of writing exercise (a writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process)
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience specific to hiring area (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrine expertise).
- Experience writing deliverables for Medical Affairs communications (slide decks, patient or HCP materials, video scripts, social media posts, eMail to HCP etc)
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentation and templates).
- Experience working with US organizations
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong business relationships.
- Ability and willingness to challenge business partners to improve work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution, judgment and managing complexity.
- Strong work ethic, high personal motivation, and result oriented
- Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones.
Salary: Not Disclosed