Company Name: HARSCO INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Designation: Power BI Developer
Experience: 2 – 8 years
Qualification: Bachelor’s/Masters degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent related IT experience.
Job Description: This role is for Harsco’s CleanEarh Business Applications support team and responsible for design, develop and deploy, and maintain Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Work with business stakeholders to identify business intelligence needs, perform data analysis, design, implement, develop and maintain BI reports dashboards utilizing Power BI platform.
- Maintain data dictionary/catalog.
- Design data architecture structures necessary to support our BI initiatives.
- Turn large amounts of raw data into actionable information.
- Perform optimization of MS SQL Queries and SSIS packages.
- Provide solutions using SSAS cubes (Tabular/Multi-Dimensional Models) Power BI data modeling .
- Support business users by answering complex business questions via visualizations and ad-hoc queries.
- Contribute to data aggregation strategy for reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics.
- Extend the metadata, such as source-to-target field mappings, known data limitations, and the rationale and definition of each metric.
- Ensure that collected data is within required quality standards, actively track data quality issues, propose mitigations, and document data proxies.
- Provide Power BI desktop cloud platform, gateways administration support and expertise.
- Provide good DAX, data modelling and basic M (Power Query Editor) capability.
- Complete multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3 years of end-to-end BI project implementation experience.
- 2 years of professional experience with dashboards and data visualization using Power BI a must
- Deep understanding in writing SQL code, and excellent skills in writing DAX scripts.
- Experience working with data gateway, data integration, self-service data preparation.
- Good report UX design experience.
- Understanding of data visualization strategies used to illustrate information and tell a story through dashboards.
- Experience with maintaining data documentation.
- Experience working with dataset ingestion, data model creation, reports, dashboards, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, workspaces etc.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Fact driven and analytically-minded with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good Knowledge in Data warehousing Data Modeling concepts
- Good Knowledge on Unit testing, migrating the BI objects b/w environments and BI Agents
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and Oracle Database
- Good understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation.
- Hands on experience in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Candidate must have good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills
Salary: Not disclosed
Website Link: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/HarscoCorporation1/743999755771209