Company Name: ServiceMax TechnoloSgies India Pvt Ltd
Designation: Senior Technical Writer
Experience: 5 – 10 years
Qualification: UG :Any Graduate
PG :Any Postgraduate
Job Description: Job Overview:
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently on information development projects. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality content and contribute to larger team on projects as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in writing about enterprise software, ERP systems, or similar applications
- Demonstrate track record in delivering innovative and high quality documentation and working based on broad objectives and with minimal hand-holding
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to research software products, understand requirements, determine functionality and design features, and communicate effectively to the user
- Skilled in core information development processes: content planning, content creation, content review
- Excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong technical skills, with ability and enthusiasm to quickly learn how the system works.
- Skilled in time management, able to meet tight deadlines with multiple deliverables
- Knowledge of core technical communication concepts, topic-based authoring, minimalism and task-oriented design
- Senior-level experience with structured authoring and the development of modular content for single-sourcing and reuse.
- Experience using various style guides, such as the Microsoft Manual of Style
- Experience in writing content using authoring tools such as ClickHelp
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Work with internal teams and cross-functional teams on documentation requirements.
- Keep up with the rapid changes in products and constantly strive to improve the documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and sing-sourcing opportunities
- Responsible for working independently on projects
- Develop release notes, user guides, and administrator guides for all product lines, with cohesive content and great formatting visuals.
- Write clear, concise, and complete step-by- step procedures for technical products and solutions
- Create architecture, flow, and process diagrams to increase the visual/graphical content to complement/substitute textual content where applicable
- Write the content in the authoring tools like ClickHelp as per the existing style guides and procedures
- Guide and work with other technical writers in the team for scoping, assigning and managing tasks to ensure their timely completion
- Provide technical, structural, and infrastructural strategy for the team
- Meet all deadlines, while maintaining high quality and standard of the deliverable.
Nice-to- have Skills/Experience:
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and technologies used to create browser-based content.
- Exposure to SaaS/Cloud-based business applications
- Working knowledge of any CRM application like Salesforce.com, Siebel, PeopleSoft, or Oracle
- Working knowledge of ClickHelp
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
Ready to be part of a winning team of ServiceMax ?
Who is Servicemax? We are a company of innovators, thinkers and doers who care passionately about changing the world. How? By rethinking the massive and growing industry that keeps our world running field service. There are more than five million field technicians in the US and tens of millions across the globe. The machines and equipment we use every day in our homes, at our offices, in hospitals and just about everywhere need to be installed, fixed and serviced, and these field technicians are tasked with keeping our worlds and the world running every single day.
From employee friendly benefits, to weekly lunches, company sponsored events and awesome coworkers, we pride ourselves in creating an environment and culture that inspires our employees to be the best they can be.
We are on a mission… to revolutionize Field Service, through our product, our customers and most importantly, our employees.
Salary: Not Disclosed
Address: TOWER A,1 AND 2,RMZ MILLENIA,MURPHY ROAD,ULSOOR, , , BANGALORE, Karnataka, India