Company Name: Transcend Creative Services (in collaboration with Aquent, USA)
Designation: Senior Technical Writers, Lead Technical Writer
Location: Remote (Hiring office located in Bangalore/Bengaluru)
Experience: 5 – 10 years
Qualification: UG :Any Graduate, B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG :MCA in Computers, M.Tech in Any Specialization, Any Postgraduate, M.A in Communication, English
Doctorate :Doctorate Not Required
Job Description: Require Senior Technical Writers and Lead Technical Writers with 5-10 years of relevant IT tech writing experience to work on technical writing projects of Microsoft software products. These are full time regular roles with our organisation with the flexibility of working remotely from any location or from our office in Bangalore.
The candidate(s) must have excellent writing/editing skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, 5+ years of experience creating help content for enterprise, IT, admin or similar technical audience, and ability to work effectively and constructively with all personality types and with global and culturally diverse groups.
- Structure, write and edit content for various Microsoft software products for end-user and ITPro/Developer audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of a specified software product, and to combine technical expertise with technical communication skills.
- Research, design, develop, and write technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes. Produce documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements.
- Review customer scenarios, priorities, and content needs to create an outline and plan for the work.
- Create new topics and update existing topics with the latest information.
- Deliver high quality documentation according to Microsoft standards and styles
- Work closely with engineers, SMEs, and other stake holders to ensure that the information in your document is complete and accurate.
- Conduct a self-review and ensure that the document is free from technical, grammatical, and language errors. Respond to editorial and reviewer feedback.
- Monitor the incoming change requests for existing content and republish the content with editorial changes.
- Independent, takes responsibility for developing and delivering quality documentation.
- Proactively informs the Project Lead/Manager about the project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality.
- Structured documentation experience preferred.
- GitHub/Markdown skills and understanding of cloud computing would be advantageous though not a must.
Required Candidate profile
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech), Technical Communication, English, Journalism or Masters Degree (in any stream) with excellent English language skills.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills having 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in IT Pro writing.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and customer service attitude.
As per IT industry standards
Salary: ₹ 8,00,000 – 18,00,000 P.A.
Website Link: http://www.tcs-publishing.com