Company Name: Allscripts Asia
Designation: Technical Writer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Experience: 2-5 years of experience
Qualification: Graduate or above
Job Description: Do you have a knack for gathering information and boiling it down into just what a user needs to know? Do you look for creative ways to provide value to customers through documentation? Do you enjoy building relationships with development teams and serving as an important resource? If so, you have an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team in a technically challenging and rewarding workplace. Together, we can change what’s possible in healthcare!
TECH WRITER RESPONSIBILITIES
- With support from the team lead, the writer plans, writes, edits, and performs other tasks to develop a wide range of concise documentation about complex topics with the highest possible quality. Content is directed to healthcare providers, patients, administrators, practice staff, and associated individuals/teams. Focus is expected to be on an EHR product and surrounds.
- Gathers information through various avenues such as research, interviewing, application testing, training, and product team meetings to develop accurate and complete product documentation. Facilitates documentation walkthrough meetings with solution leaders, product owners, implementation consultants, and scrum team members to gain a thorough understanding of the documentation needs.
- Uses TFS issue tracking system as required to monitor and record documentation tasks.
- Attempts to solve documentation problems independently by consulting training material and other available resources. Knows when it is time to ask for help.
- Responds promptly to requests for documentation updates or defect resolution.
- Applies all required standards and styles to documentation including copyrights and trademarks.
- Works diplomatically and effectively with subject matter experts and other team members.
- Balances ongoing assignments with emergent needs.
SKILLS, TOOLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Brilliant command of the English language, communicating clearly and precisely in various written formats and in conversations. Writing skills such that work does not require editorial review.
- Minimum 2-5 years professional technical writing experience for software, preferably in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, or Medical industry.
- Intermediate level understanding of US healthcare vocabulary and associated healthcare regulations, such as HIPAA, HHS, CMS, FDA, Medicare, Medicaid, state regulated bodies, etc, is preferred. Familiarity with US healthcare is required.
- Development of a wide range of guides for end users and administrators, including but not limited to feature guides, configuration guides, integration guides, interface documentation, and release notes.
- Experience with content management systems such as Ixiasoft Classic CMS/DRM and version control.
- Structured authoring tools such oXygen with knowledge of markup languages (XML with DITA standard strongly preferred).
- SDLC understanding with Agile methodology familiarity preferred.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues/risks, consider solutions, and raise risks in timely manner.
- Scheduling flexibility with US East coast time may be required for success in this role.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
BS or BA Degree in English, communication, technical writing, information design, business, or other related combination of training and experience.
Thank you for reviewing this opportunity! Does this look like a great match for your skill set? If so, please scroll down and tell us more about yourself!
Salary: Not disclosed
Website Link: https://careers.allscripts.com/jobs-as/?gh_jid=4539435003&gh_src=7ad0cc323us