Company Name: Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.
Designation: Technical Writer
Experience: 0 to 2 year(s) of experience
Qualification: Education:UG -B.A in Communication, Journalism
PG – M.A in Communication, Journalism
Job Description: Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented, and self-driven individual, to join our product development team as a technical writer to create and deliver quality technical information for the users of our software applications. In this role, you would be responsible for creating effective information that is not only textual, but also includes meaningful graphics, and animations. You must have excellent writing skills that deliver the correct meaning to the audiences in the most minimal form. You will be expected to support the organization strategy towards the future of our technical content delivery.
For the highly motivated and talented individual, this position offers a unique opportunity to grow.
- Produce and adhere to documentation plans and schedules and be flexible as required.
- Follow department procedures to research, develop, write, and revise software documentation; and generate the documentation in various formats, according to defined standards.
- Work closely with SMEs, Customer support, and Product Management functions to understand how each product works, gather information, and ensure that complete and accurate information is presented to the customer.
- Produce developer documentation for cloud-based platforms to describe usage of APIs/REST APIs and Web Services. Be comfortable at using OpenAPI specification tools such as Swagger.
- Design and develop written and/or visual product-related information (for example, user/configuration/troubleshooting guides), and online information (interactive demos,
- help systems) for a variety of audiences (end users, System Engineers, and customer support engineers).
- Work with the Technical Publications team to define publications processes and guidelines.
- Whenever possible, install and use the product being documented.
- Show proficiency in using the required Technical Publications and project software applications.
- Review and make recommendations to the project teams about error messages, Tool Tips, pop-up dialogs, and usability.
- Report and verify software defects and enhancements.
- Ensure that all deliverables pass quality processes and meet the defined quality parameters.
- Other functional duties, as assigned.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors / Masters degree in any field.
- 0-2 years of experience in companies producing software documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Develop proficiency in using the primary publications, editing tools, and style guides.
- Build your ability to work on projects both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance competing tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience creating technical content for developers, DevOps professionals, and end users. (desired, not compulsory)
- Skills required (Desired, not compulsory):
- Adobe RoboHelp, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Graphic tools such as SnagIT, Captivate or Camtasia
- Basic knowledge of versioning applications like Tortoise SVN
Salary: ₹ 2,00,000 – 5,00,000 P.A.
Address: E-44/13, NEWGEN SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, PHASE-2,OKHLA, NEW DELHI, Delhi, India