Company Name: PayPal
Designation: Technical Writer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Experience: 2 years or above
Qualification: Graduate or above
Job Description: Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing high-quality and understandable documentation with the goal to improve the success of our products.
- Work with internal and external teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation needs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Research and build knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Coordinate, write and maintain easy-to-understand tutorials, release communications, technical documents, and guides.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions to enhance reader comprehension.
- Move content through writing, editing, and iteration process to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide consultation regarding product issues and documentation.
- Accommodate requests for clarification or inquiries made on the documentation.
- Able to work with remote teams across various time zones (primarily North America, India, and Singapore)
- A minimum of three years as a technical writer creating documentation for a developer audience in a “large” organization.
- A degree or equivalent experience in technical writing, English, computer science, or a related field
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document detailed technical content
- Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to teamwork.
- Able to work with cross-platform teams, developers and product managers to ensure that content is technically accurate and written for the appropriate audience
- Ability to identify training use cases that connect to written documentation
- Comfortable with Git and the Unix command line
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Salary: Not disclosed
Website Link: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/paypal/jobs/job/Bangalore-IN/Technical-Writer_R0075763?source=JobBoardIndeed-Organic