Company Name: REVERIE LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Designation: Technical Writer
Experience: 6 – 10 years
Qualification: UG :Any Graduate
Job Description: Why we exist:
The Indian internet has exploded. Over half a billion Indians will be online before the end of this year. Most of these Indians will prefer using their own language online. And next to nobody is building solutions for them. They are prevented from using the internet to its fullest potential because English forms a language barrier.
Whenever they visit a site or app, they are met with a wall of text in a language that they do not understand.
We at Reverie believe in language equality on the internet. Its what drives us and gives what we do meaning. Language equality basically means that every Indian should enjoy the same range of options and experiences online in their own language that an English speaker does online.
What we do:
We take immense pride in the fact that we tackle some of the most complex and impactful problems Indian language users currently face today.
Were working towards our mission of language equality by building a full-stack of language technologies and solutions, spanning fonts, font rendering, transliteration, translation, app & website localisation in real-time, Indian language input (check out our Swalekh keypad on the App Store here), Indian language voice assistants, and Indic search, to empower the Indian language user and let them tap into the possibilities the internet offers them.
What we DONT care about:
Your age, gender, where you went to college, or your academic scores.
What we DO care about:
- Our mission resonates with you
- You have an insatiable curiosity, which means youll figure a way out even in an unfamiliar environment.
- And finally your integrity and work ethic
As a Tech Writer you will:
- Determine the needs of end-users for technical documentations
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write all support documentation for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Maintain version control for all documents as new issues arise
- Familiarity with tools for document creation and formatting
- Support RFPs responses and help to identify use-cases for language fit
- Provide day-to-day support to sales by creating presentation decks, providing demos and client facing proposal documents
- Collaborate with CoEs to prepare sales collaterals, white papers, business proposals on solutions/solution accelerators/proof of concepts
- Publish point of view papers individually/in collaboration with business heads
- Researching and defining terminologies to create Quick Reference Guide for the clients
- Document & track latest product enhancements
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Keep close interaction between QA and Development team for information gathering.
- Coordinate directly with the Client Delivery team for information gathering.
- Design and develop documents, Knowledge Base, and Frequently Asked Questions for internal and external audiences
- Work with clients to understand their service requirements, translate them to technical specifications, and define them for development and implementation teams.
- Create and maintain project plans and status reports for management and cross-functional teams.
- Write search engine optimized (SEO) website content, articles, blogs, press releases, and forum posts to promote the applications/ products of the company and strengthen customer relationships of the company.
- Technical knowledge- API documentation, Product documentation, Exposure to SaaS based tools and infra.
- Proficient in English Oral and written
- Research Skills – Scope of work, Business case analysis, Use-case generation
- Knowledge of: Microsoft tools – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe, WordPress
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Industry experience as an effective technical writer
Salary: ₹ 6,00,000 – 9,00,000 P.A.
Address: 5th Floor, Avana Building, No 884/327/39,, Ibblur Village, Sarjapura Road,, Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban, Karnataka, 560102, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India
Website Link: https://careers.reverieinc.com/#!/