Company Name: THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Designation: Technical Writer
Experience: 4 – 9 years
Qualification: UG :Any Graduate
Job Description: Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce and adhere to documentation plans and schedules, adjusting as needed for projects.
- Produce developer documentation for cloud based platform APIs/REST APIs and Web Services. Be comfortable at using OpenAPI specification tools such as Swagger or Postman tools.
- Follow department procedures to research, develop, write, and revise software documentation; and generate the documentation in various formats, according to defined standards.
- Collaborate, as a member of project and product development teams, with subject-matter experts, product managers, testers, Product Support, and Technical Publications staff to produce manuals, Help, and animations that are accurate and on time.
- Work with the Technical Publications team to define publications processes and guidelines.
- Whenever possible, install and use the product being documented.
- Show proficiency in using the required Technical Publications and project software applications.
- Review and make recommendations to the project teams about error messages, Tool Tips, pop-up dialogs, and usability.
- Report and verify software defects and enhancements.
- Other functional duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements or Qualifications
- Bachelors / Masters degree in any field.
- At least 4 years of experience in companies producing software documentation
- Experience creating technical content for developers, DevOps professionals, and end users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in using the primary publications, editing tools, and style guides.
- Ability to work on projects both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to balance competing tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Skills required
- FrameMaker, MS Office, XMetal
- XML, HTML, Markdown
- Adobe Acrobat
- Graphic tools such as SnagIT and Captivate is highly desired
- Basic knowledge of versioning applications like Git, TFS or Tortoise SVN
- JIRA or Azure or similar PLM tools
- Knowledge of CMS and DITA are good to have (not a must)
Salary: Not Disclosed
Website Link: https://www.thermofisher.in/chemicals/en/contact-us.html